Here is our in-depth review of BitSkins, showing you all the important features you should know about. We uncover whether or not BitSkins is legit.
- Bitskins is the oldest skin marketplace that is still in operation
- Huge selection of item listings
- Provides charts and graphs to track the price history of items
- Supports several different games
- 5-10% selling fee for public listings
- Hefty withdrawal fees of 3-4%
- KYC (Know Your Customer) verification is required for cashing out to real world money
KYC verification is required in order to withdraw your balance to real-world money.
What is BitSkins?
BitSkins is a well-known and popular marketplace for CS:GO skins, as well as items for Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2 items. Despite operating for almost a decade with their original website design from 2015, in 2023, BitSkins updated its platform’s design and layout to something more modern and feature-rich.
However, BitSkins has awfully high fees for withdrawing site balance to real-world money. For example, cryptocurrency withdrawals have a 4% base fee and often overvalue the currency 3-4% higher than the market rate, which is very deceptive. When combined with their high public listing sales fee of 5-10%, depending on the price of the item, users can potentially face fees as high as 20% to sell their items or real-world money.
Is BitSkins Legit?
Yes, we believe BitSkins is legitimate. Here’s a quick summary:
- In operation since 2015 and has mostly maintained a good reputation
- BitSkins receives approximately 500,000 visitors each month, according to SimilarWeb data
- Offers a wide selection of CS:GO skins and items from other games for sale
- The website runs on a secure SSL-encrypted connection, which you can verify by looking for a padlock icon on the left side of the address bar. This indicates that your connection is secure