Here is a quick guide on how to enable or disable chat filters in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, which allows you to view or block slurs and other profanity in the in-game chat. By following these instructions, you can choose whether to have a censored chat in Counter-Strike or finally view what other players are saying without any filters.
It’s important to note that when you change the chat filters in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, these changes will also apply to all community chats across Steam and its supported games.
Follow the Steps Below
- Open Settings by pressing the gear icon in the sidebar menu
- Click on Game and then on Communication
- Click on Account Preferences which is next to Text Filtering
Customize community chat filtering in Steam
- A Steam profile settings page will display
- Select your ideal language preferences under Chat Filtering
We hope you found our quick guide on customizing chat filters in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive useful. If we missed any important information or if you encountered any issues while following the instructions in this guide, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment.